New Frontiers Coalition (Rifts)
Lone Star Complex
The surface — All CS Military
First, 80% of the fabled complex is underground. Like an iceberg in
the ocean, the mega-damage perimeter walls, watchtowers, barracks,
and troops visible on the surface is just the tip of this technological iceberg.
95% of these buildings and facilities are new, built by the Coalition
• Defenses: Both overt and concealed — towers, bots, troops, etc.
• Troops (Infantry and elite squads currently on duty, SAMAS, Elite
RPA, Special Forces)
• Visitors Area — a small building and rec. area with an attractive,
walled courtyard and garden for low security clearance visitors to
wait, meet and visit. Includes housing for 50 visitors.
• Administrative Offices (a small cluster of buildings)
• Infantry Troop Housing/Barracks (a cluster of buildings; 500
• Communications Building & Tower (500 M.D.C. each)
• Radar and Air/Ground Scanning
• Giant Robot Hangaers (two large clusters of buildings, 1000 M.D.C.
• Aircraft Hangars (a cluster of buildings, 400 M.D.C. each)
• Motor Pool & Garages (a cluster of buildings; 1000 M.D.C. each)
• Medical Clinic (small; 600 M.D.C.)
• Mess Hall (2; 1000 M.D.C. each)
• Officers’ Mess (2, small; 600 M.D.C. each)
• Recreation Areas
• Parade Grounds
• Training Grounds
• Demolitions Training Grounds and Disposal
• Military Stockade (1, small; 600 M.D.C.)
• Prison for D-bees and enemies of the State
• Airfield (actually aircraft can land without difficulty anywhere on
the flat plateau that is the Northern Quadrant).
• Open fields
Note: The complex has food storage to last nearly a year, and hydroponic
gardens and farms that can feed approximately 2000 indefinitely.
However, fresh supplies are shipped in from local farms and ranches in
the Northern Quadrant. The Complex taps into an underwater reserve of
water and natural gas (on level 7).